The golf tournament was over on Monday, so why have I been avoiding writing about it? I’m not sure, but I think it boils down to the fact that I’m just so darn happy it’s over that any additional discussion on the topic could have pushed me over the edge.
OK, a bit dramatic, but in a way it’s the truth.
I’m not going to launch into a long post about this, but do have a few random thoughts about it:
- I worked 12 straight hours (about 1 hour at my office and 11 at the golf course).
- It was 93 degrees that day (an official record for our area!).
- My feet are blistered from walking back-and-forth from the pavilion to the clubhouse all day.
- My back started hurting after only 1 hour.
- The event was a success (still adding up the numbers to see what we officially raised) – hoping to break the $20,000 mark again.
- This was my 5th year of coordinating this event and while I’ve almost got this down to a science, I am amazed that I still get so stressed.
- In five more months we start planning for 2008!